Zinc strip possess a unique set of properties that make it suitable for automotive fuse blades, automotive and electrical blade terminals, electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI/RFI) shielding, counterpoise grounding strip, and other low voltage applications. Alloy 750 (ZnCuTi) is the material of choice for automotive blade fuses worldwide.
Zinc strip has 25% IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard) electrical conductivity, which is very similar to 70/30 brass. Zinc strip is easily formed, stamps with little burr, and exhibits very low wear on stamping tools. Zinc is readily joined or soldered, and can electro plated with copper, nickel, tin, silver, or other common plating elements. Zinc is non-magnetic and 100% recycle-able. The low metal value and low density (0.0259 Lbs/ in3) of zinc verses copper help keep the cost of zinc strip well below that of 70/30 brass.
Other advantages offered by Solid Zinc Strip:
- ZINC provides good electrical conductivity.
- ZINC can be easily formed into complex shapes and designs.
- ZINC does not burr during stamping.
- ZINC can be plated with good adhesion.
- ZINC can be readily joined or soldered.
- ZINC is very cost effective.
- ZINC is 100% recyclable and environmentally friendly.