When high quality and superior performance are required, look to zinc. Given its versatility, it’s not surprising to see more and more architects and builders using zinc in an ever wider variety of construction applications.
Zinc is particularly well suited for:
- Corner beads and expansion joints. Zinc will not rust like steel. Also, it provides an excellent substrate for exterior stucco and interior plaster.
- Creative imagery in terrazzo flooring and stained glass. Solid zinc strip can easily be formed to create these types of designs.
- Moss guard. Solid zinc strip is an excellent material for inhibiting the growth of unsightly and potentially damaging moss, algae and fungus on roofs.
- Gravel stops and weather strips. Zinc’s properties are perfect for these applications.
- A replacement for lead in flashing. Take advantage of zinc’s soft malleability and use it in place of lead.
- Zinc is also very sustainable and green. In most cases the Zinc material used has been recycled which makes it very environmentally friendly building material.