Unlocking The Potential Of Zinc
Jarden Zinc Products is a U.S. company with capabilities in zinc strip manufacturing and applied zinc products. We are headquartered in Greeneville, Tennessee with a manufacturing space of 350,000 square feet (32516 square meters) making us the largest North American producer of solid zinc strip and zinc-based products and one of the largest in the world. Jarden Zinc Products has been producing zinc strip for over 130 years and processes roughly 10 million pounds of zinc every month. Jarden Zinc Products is one of the leading coin blank manufacturers with 300 billion coins released into circulation in more than 20 countries around the world. Jarden Zinc Products also supplies for customers in the automotive, architectural, building, cathodic protection and specialty industries.
Jarden Zinc Products is ISO 9001:2015 certified and ensures high quality standards for its products.
Why Choose Jarden Zinc Products?
Jarden Zinc Products is a customer-centric company that demands high quality throughout all stages of our development and manufacturing processes. The six pillars that drive our excellence at Jarden Zinc Products are:
- Manufacturing Capacity: We are the largest North American producer of solid zinc strip and zinc based products.
- Experience: We have been manufacturing zinc strip for over 130 years. Decades in the zinc industry has enhanced our technical capabilities of melting, casting, rolling, slitting and plating zinc strip for a variety of applications.
- In-house Expertise: We have the ability to forge a variety of alloys to meet customer requirements. We have the in-house capability to obtain a range of gauges, widths and plating finishes. Our automated quality control system ensures high quality finished products. Our resident metallurgists, plating specialists and material science experts have years of experience and extensive knowledge to bring about innovations in zinc that suit our customers’ needs.
- Management: The management team’s focus on encouraging innovation and diversity in products drives the company to overcome the challenges of a dynamic market.
- New Product Development Team: Technical teams help engineer new products based on customer specifications and bring about improvements in existing product lines.
- Sustainability: Zinc is a natural element that is essential for all living things. It can be recycled forever without losing its properties or qualities making it a material of choice in a sustainable society. Jarden Zinc Products recycles zinc scrap produced during the various processes. Our well-maintained effluent treatment system assures a clean environment around us.
Contact Us , today to see how zinc may benefit your next project.
Jarden Zinc Products has roots that reach more than a century into America’s past. In 1880, five brothers founded what was called Ball Brothers Glass Manufacturing Company. Their company quickly became the leading manufacturer of glass home canning jars in the United States. The operation included a zinc mill, which produced the lids for the famous Ball Mason Jars.
In 1992, Ball Corporation spun off seven of its divisions into a new company called Alltrista Corporation, which was later renamed Jarden Corporation. In April of 2016, Newell Rubbermaid purchased Jarden Corporation, renaming the joined companies Newell Brands.
Edmond, Frank, George, Lucius and William Ball establish the Wooden Jacket Can Company
First zinc can lids produced
First external sale of zinc and zinc products began – including exports to South Africa gold mining refineries
Began manufacturing B and C Battery Cans- Muncie, Inc.
Expansion of zinc mill to become largest strip rolling mill in the world – Muncie, Ind.
Name changed to Ball Corporation
Zinc Products Company facility built in Greeneville, TN – Combined zinc manufacturing capability
First automotive fuse produced from Jarden Zinc
Production of copper plated zinc penny blanks began
Zinc Products Company spun off with 6 other divisions to form Alltrista Corporation
LifeJacket® Galvanic Cathodic Protection System commercialized
Purchased Kerr Group, Inc. and sold Metal Services Div
100% Supplier to U.S. Mint and RCM
Purchase Triangle Plastics Inc. and sold Plastic Packaging
Purchase Tilia Int’l and Diamond Brands
Name Change to Jarden
LifeDowel™ Bar Introduced
Joint Marketing Agreement RCM
First commercial sale of bronze plating and first high denomination coin
Facility Expansions: Nickel Plating capability
Facility Expansions: Nickel Plating capability
Partnership with Structural Group to sell LifeJacket® and LifePanel™ CP Systems.
Addition of ZincSecure™
Introduction of the new hollow LifeDowel™
Newell Brands purchase of Jarden Corporation
Additional plating lines for coinage
Circulation Coin order for ZincSecure™
Infrastructure Addition- furnace
One Rock Capital purchase of Jarden Zinc Products
First circulating coin order of ZincSecure™ by the National Bank of Ukraine
Community Support And Giving Back
Jarden Zinc participates in and supports a variety of community events and causes. Some of these include:
- St. Patty’s Day Dash and Bash 5K
- United Way
- East Tennessee State University Scholarship
- Al Giles Scholarships
- Niswonger Children’s Hospital
- Greene County Food Bank
- Palmetto’s Children’s Charity
“Buy American Act” Compliant
Jarden Zinc maintains a current list of products that satisfy the Buy American Act and makes this list available to U.S. governmental entities and qualified government suppliers and contractors.
Buying products that meet the requirements of the Buy American Act can help support jobs in the United States. Jarden Zinc Products has its headquarters and manufacturing facilities in the U.S., and we continue to grow our business through major investments in our manufacturing operations and by employing American workers.